Rosia Crisler: Tribute To A True Artist
The arts community endured a significant loss this year with the passing of Rosia Wade Crisler (1945-2014). Her beauty, spirit, talent, and artistic splendor is greatly missed by all who loved and adored her. Rosia’s educational and cultural contributions to our capital city enriched so many lives.
She leaves behind a legacy that is soul affirming. Here is just a selection of her amazing accomplishments:
- Actress in the Emmy-Nominated NBC-TV mini-series BEULAH LAND
- Featured Stage Actress with New Stage Theatre
- Educator of 40-years in French, English, and Literature
- Professor Emeritus, Hinds Community College
- Founding Producing Director, Daughters of Margaret
- Founding Member of National Coalition of 100 Black Women
- Advising Board Member, Margaret Walker Alexander National Research Center
- President (27th), Mary Church Terrell Literary Club
- Creator of the One-Woman Tour-De-Force TRANSMISSIONS: STORIES THAT WARM THE HEART
Rest in Peace, Rosia.